Marketing is all about understanding what resonates best with your target audience and why. When you know what your clients or customers want or need, you can deliver value in areas relevant to those preferences. You can add value by implementing a strong digital marketing strategy using the fundamentals.
There are five digital marketing fundamentals that you must master today to achieve your goals. Find out all you need to know in this short guide. You’ll learn how to make your business logo stand out, as well as the advantages of copywriting, email marketing and data analysis.
1. How to Make a Business Logo Stand Out
When you start with your digital marketing campaign, you will first need a unique logo design to set you apart from your competitors. Your logo is the face of your brand, so it must be present whenever you advertise something. To make your logo stand out, follow these easy steps:
- Pick a design that perfectly matches your company’s personality.
- Take a look at logo design trends and incorporate it into your own design to show you move with the times. Metallic logos are making a huge impact currently. Using negative space to create another image is also a popular choice.
- Consider making your logo round so that it looks appealing if you set it as your profile picture on social media sites.
- Select the correct colors to enhance the impact of your design. Learn about color psychology so that the tones you select don’t conflict with what your brand represents. For example, if you’re running a toy shop, your target audience will be children, so avoid using dark colors such as black.
- If you’re adding slogans or lettering to your logo, make sure you pick the correct fonts. Most script fonts, for example, do not scale up well for large images. Moreover, if you are a high-tech company use fonts that render and read well on small devices as well as larger ones. The font and symbols you pick must be scalable so your logo always looks clear and not pixelated no matter what size it is.
Once you’ve created your logo, add it to your website, social media pages and any promotions you send to your clients or customers.
2. Learn the Fundamentals of Copywriting
Copywriting is when you write content for the purpose of digital advertising or other forms of marketing. It’s a must-have digital marketing skill because you can create the following content for your business:
- Website landing pages
- Optimized blogs with search engine optimization (SEO) purposes
- Email advertising
- Catchy slogans for your marketing material
- Punchy status updates for social media
- Product descriptions
- Event invitations
- Paid ads
With copywriting skills, you can capture the attention of your audience and inspire action with a limited number of words. There are plenty of copywriting tools you can use such as Yoast or the Hemingway App to ensure your content is easy to read and has correct grammar and punctuation.
3. Mastering Email Marketing
Although email communication has been around since before the start of the internet, it’s still one of the best ways to reach your target audience and send out offers because it’s so versatile.
With a proper email marketing campaign, you can:
- Communicate with dormant customers
- Build customer loyalty
- Convert leads
- Send important updates
- Promote exclusive deals
- Send out invitations to events
Build up your email list by having a subscription box on your website so you can target individuals already interested in your business. This will improve engagement and conversion numbers.
4. Ability to Analyze Marketing Data
The best way to see whether your digital marketing campaign is working for you is to learn how to analyze data. One of the most popular platforms to use is Google Analytics. You can install it as a third party app on your website to view and analyze its traffic.
Use Google Analytics to view vital advertising metrics such as which platforms your audience come from to your website. You may also want to see how users convert if you run paid ads on, say, Facebook. Are you paying more than you’re getting in terms of conversions?
Apart from these, you may also want to know what type of pages or content your visitors interact with so you can tweak it accordingly. The purpose of this platform is to uncover valuable data about your audience so you can see which channels are driving the most traffic to your site.
5. Master Pay-Per-Click Advertising
Showing up in search engines organically is a benefit that will show results over time. But what if you want to be visible immediately? The only way to do that is through pay-per-click advertising. Using this type of advertising will guarantee you a spot at the top of Google’s results pages.
The advantage of pay-per-click advertising is that you can use it on social media, websites and even mobile phone applications. Simply use a pay per click online tool for the task.
However, ad relevance and quality are major factors to consider. This is where your copywriting skills will come in handy because you’ll know which keywords to use and how to structure your ads effectively.
What Have You Achieved?
In the end, you want to identify if your digital marketing campaigns work for you. Not all platforms or tactics for everyone. Instead, consider the ones that match with your business model and, of course, fit your budget.
It’s no use investing so much in paid digital marketing when a simple SEO can get you to generate the same amount of revenue. This is why it’s imperative to experiment, measure and settle on the strategy and tool that increase click through rates, boost your sales and increase your revenue.
About The Author
Veronica Johnson likes reading, writing and exploring through her travel. With her freelance guest writing, she hopes to achieve both her passion and career in online content marketing. She writes on topics like business, advertising and digital marketing.