Running and expanding your digital marketing agency can be overwhelming. The digital marketing field is always changing, and growing an agency during uncertain times is a challenge. Here are 5 practical reminders that will help your digital marketing agency thrive:

Love Your Persona

This is the most important thing to keep in mind while running an agency. Loving your persona involves genuinely caring for your consumers and the people you work with. Take the time to listen to what your clients have to say, so you can understand their needs, and work towards exceeding their expectations. 

Don’t make this about you. The purpose of your brand is to be used by your clients. You have to truly care about them, and make sure that you are doing everything you can to help them build a successful brand.  

Choose your target audience

Don’t try to reach everyone. If you figure out who your target audience is, you will be able to take your client’s message across the right people and improve performance. 

Discover your thread

Branding is an essential part of running an agency. In order to build your brand, you need to find what distinguishes your agency from other businesses. If you don’t know what makes you special, your costumers won’t know either. Once you discover your thread, show it to your clients, and deeply invest in it. 

Stay in Your ane

Knowing your thread is defining what lane you are running in. People will listen to you in your lane and ignore you outside of it. Focus on what you are good at, and let others work on things that are outside of your area of expertise.  

Have a Sales Funnel 

If you own an agency, then you need to have a sales funnel. Only 21% of all leads ever convert into costumers. A consistent sales funnel will allow you to connect with future customers, and improve conversion rates. Be constantly connecting to people, so they learn about your products and services, and eventually buy them.

Don’t Overly sell 

Be careful that you are not using your regular email sequences or social media posts only to sell. Sell for about 20% of the time, and use the other 80% to entertain people, while staying in your lane. Entertaining and useful posts will keep costumers coming back.

Create Content 

Continuously creating content is the best possible way of being known. 

Pay close attention to your client’s problems and learn what topics are relevant in their lives. Make content that is useful for them and for people who share similar needs. Finally, make sure that the content you create is limited to your lane so that it is useful and taken into account. You can divide your content into two categories:

Current Content

It consists of sharing information that is directly related to events that are currently going on. 

Evergreen Content 

It corresponds to topics that can be used and posted at any moment in time. These pieces of content address common needs that people usually have. 

Stay Humble 

After you define your thread, and you are recognized on your own, you will have people talking about you and following you on social media. Don’t let your success make you think too much of yourself. Ask for the hype and share it, but don’t believe it.

Reaching out to your audience for testimonials about your work is always a great idea. Just make sure to have control over their testimonials, so they can reflect your agency’s thread.

If you want to learn more strategies to help you grow your digital marketing agency, the Digital Agency Hacker group is here to share everything you need to know about it.

JOIN OUR FACEBOOK GROUP NOW